Journey reflection (half way mark)

It is easy to be passionate about something and want to put something in place to support that passion and/or need, but as a working professional and mother of 3, I have really struggled with carrying out the task and meeting the deadlines set. From the start, I knew this project was a big one - especially in comparison to other students in MCE and what they are working on. To be able to make a mark in society and help the children in my local area, first anyway, actually requires full attention. This is something I haven't been able to do. I am easily sidetracked by the goings-on at home, and at work, I love to take on responsibility and stay busy. 
I guess so far in this journey, the best part has been the documentation. My background is administration and I like to classify myself as a very organised and routined person. This makes the creation of documentation, recording, analysing, etc, my cup of tea. 
The part I have struggled the most is the inputting and compiling of lessons for the project, and meeting with other experts. 
Let's look at the inputting and compiling of lessons first. This is a very big job as I have had to think about only one area of the curriculum. While this is only one part, I have had to make sure that I have provided enough information that is user-friendly, in-depth for what it is required for, and that all resources are available or at the least listed. Not only is this needed for the teachers, but the students as well. This is a huge task and one that I am nowhere near completing before the due date.
As for the second issue, meeting with other experts, we are all experts and timing is everything. Unfortunately for me, term 4 and term 1 of school have been the times when support from experts is most needed, however, this is also the busy time for them. As I am relying on them for their knowledge and input to findings, I am having to delay parts of my project and research until meetings are available. This doesn't always tie in with my own busy schedule of work and home. Working in such a small school doesn't allow me the resources, human and otherwise, to access easily. I don't get released during class time to work on my project and therefore making contact with stakeholders has been extremely hard.
The past 6 months has been a real juggling act. Yes, I will admit I have also had a lot of downtimes where not much has happened, but this is due to resources not being available when I am.
My focus for the next 5-6 months is to firstly focus on the paper-trail (I like to call it), or essay aspects of my project. I have the information so I may as well record it ready for due dates. After the completion of my critical essay, I will work on completing the compilation of resources and lessons for the one strand of the curriculum I am working on, therefore, making my final presentation a bit more complete. The part I am worried about is not having trialled the product or having feedback from stakeholders to support its usefulness before my end presentation.

Below is evidence of my Trello board which represents the tasks I am due to start working on, am currently working on, and have completed. The completed tasks have big green ticks and only displays back to Novembers completes. It does not show what has been accomplished since August of 2019.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Evidence of Collaboration

Deliverable #2 - Website Design/Mockup 2D Sketches

Deliverable #2 - Website Design/Mock-up